Journal Wins Movie Award
The main attraction at the latest Jambo Arts exhibition was the Marshallese Be Like Film Festival, organized by local film producer Jack Niedenthal. The festival featured 11 locally-made short videos at the Jitak En Likatu Bar in Delap.
Of these, Chewy Lin won Best of Festival Award and Best Cinema Photography Award for his film Aelon Kein Ad, making him the overall winner of the festival.
The other winners are…
• Best story went to “Don’t Stay Silent” by Youth to Youth in Health.
• Honorable mention went to “The making of the Marshall Islands Journal” by the Journal’s ‘man around town’ Hilary Hosia.
• Best Marshallese Be Like was awarded to Ziggy Horiuchi for his “Urok Bajjok” film.
• Lorand Samuel from Ebeye won Best Student Film for his “Be Like That” short film while Ariana Abraham won honorable mention in the same category.
• Best Music Video was awarded to Lomalo’s Fredrick Langmoir while Marc LaPlante received honorable mention.
240 Productions (CMI) received the Most Impact award for its Marine Debris film. The same entry was voted the audience award.